- TRANSFER HANDLE: The ergonomic handle of the Prime Bed Handle helps to provide balance and support when transferring from bed.
- BARIATRIC SUPPORT: The safety handle’s reinforced design is well suited to support up to 400 pounds making it an excellent bariatric option.
- REMOVABLE: Easily remove the handle from the base to allow for unobstructed access to the bed when caring for a loved one or changing linens.
- ORGANIZER POUCH: Store small items in an easily accessible location next to your bed inside the included storage pouch.
- COMPATIBILITY: The Prime Bed Handle works with most traditional bed types with mattresses between 6″ and 15″ thick. Use the rail with any mattress size from a Twin to a California King. It is not intended to be used with adjustable beds. Do not use with an extra soft mattress.
Prime Safety Bed HandleItem #: 8930
- PREVENT FALLS: The Prime Bed handle helps to provide fall protection during the night while also assisting in transfers out of bed as a support handle.
- TRANSFER AWAY FROM BED: Easily transfer away from the bed to a walker, rollator, wheelchair, or bedside commode.
- BEDSIDE STORAGE: Avoid falling out of bed while reaching for a nightstand by storing personal items like glasses, phones, and medications in the organizer pouch.
- EASY TO INSTALL: The Prime Bed Handle slips between the mattress and box spring/slats and attaches to the bedframe with the included safety strap.
- Weight: 12.35 lbs
- Weight Capacity: 400 lbs
- Length of Rail: 10.5″
- Rail Height: 18.75″ from bottom of mattress
- Base Dimensions: 19.5″ W x 28.5″ D
- Fits Mattress Heights: 6″-15″
MSRP: $214.99 USD
LEARN MORE ABOUT THE
PRIME BED HANDLE
The Prime Bed Handle from Stander provides a solid assist handle to help transfer in and out of bed. With a weight capacity of 400 pounds, the Prime Bed Handle offers sturdy assistance and peace of mind without fear of falling. This low-profile bed rail comes with an organizer pouch and safety strap that attaches to the bed frame and prevents the bed rail from moving away from the bed.
PROVIDES BALANCE AND SUPPORT
Bariatric Safety Assist Handle
The 10.5″ wide safety handle can be used to transfer in and out of bed. The support bar provides additional leverage and support when getting out of bed and can support weights up to 400 pounds!
Use the handle to safely transfer to a walker, rollator, wheelchair, or bedside commode or to reposition yourself while laying in bed.
INCREASE ACCESS TO THE BED
Easily Remove the Handle
Undo the locking strap and easily remove the bed handle from the base to increase caregiver access to the bed. Gain unobstructed access to change the linens, make the bed, or care for a loved one.
Use the convenient storage pouch to store medications, remotes, cell phones, or other small personal items in an easily accessible location.
SECURES TO BED WITH SAFETY STRAP
Compatible with Most Traditional Bed Types
The Prime Bed Handle can be installed on most traditional bed types with mattresses 6″ to 15″ thick. Install the rail on any sized mattress from a Twin to California King. This bed rail is not intended for use on adjustable beds or with extra soft mattresses.
Slip the horizontal structure between the mattress and the box spring, platform, or slats and secure the rail to the bedframe with the included safety strap.
Get all your questions answered here:
Trying to decide which bed rail is best suited for yourself or a loved one can be a difficult task. That’s why we have compiled useful resources to help make the process easier.READ OUR BLOG POST
In our blog, A Life Without Limits, we discuss what questions you should ask yourself before purchasing a bed rail so you can know which options will be best-suited for you.TAKE THE BED RAIL QUIZ
By answering a few questions about yourself and what you’re looking for, our Bed Rail Quiz can recommend several options of bed rails that best meet your needs and wants.
Stander offers free standard shipping on orders within the lower 48 states. Two-day shipping and overnight shipping are available for most items. We will send you an email with your tracking details as soon as your item leaves our building.
Stander products can be registered for a 100% lifetime satisfaction guarantee, which means you can purchase with confidence knowing that Stander will stand behind its products. If you are unsatisfied with a product, a customer service agent will work with you to ensure complete satisfaction.
To register your product for this lifetime satisfaction guarantee, visit stander.com/product-registration.
After a product is registered it is covered by our 100% Satisfaction Lifetime Guarantee.
Our guarantee does not include normal wear and tear items such as brake pads, hand grips, wheels, ski glides, etc. Replacements parts are available for purchase as needed.
Purchases from stander.com are eligible for return within 30 days of delivery (excluding clearance items). Upon arrival, returned items will be inspected to ensure all original parts and/or pieces are included in the return. Once the item has been inspected, the customer will receive a full refund for the purchase amount.
To initiate a return within 30 days of delivery, please contact our customer service team at 1-800-506-9901 or by email at email@example.com.
Yes, our products are in HME stores and Pharmacies across the country. To find a store near you, use our Where to Buy tool. We advise using the provided contact information to call ahead and ensure the store has the product you are looking for.
No, Stander products do not have the required codes to be billed to insurance or Medicare. If you would like more information about insurance or Medicare billing, please contact your insurance provider.
Yes, assembly is required before using the Prime Bed Handle. For more detailed instructions on how to assemble the Prime Bed Handle, download our assembly instructions below.
The Prime Bed Handle can be used with most traditional beds with box springs, platforms, or slats. Use the rail on any sized mattress from Twin to California King. It not is not intended to be used with adjustable beds or with extra soft mattresses.
ADD THE PRIME SWIVEL TRAY ACCESSORY
The Prime Swivel Tray Accessory easily attaches to the Prime Bed Handle and provides an over-the-bed table to eat meals or use as a nightstand. The table swivels 360 degrees and has a diameter of 15.75″.
THERE IS A MUCH GREATER RISK OF ENTRAPMENT AND INJURY/DEATH WHEN USING BED RAILS WITH A SOFT MATTRESS! A soft mattress increases the risk that a person’s head, arm, or leg could become entrapped between the mattress and a rail. Entrapment can cause injury or death.
To ensure it is safe to use this product, test your mattress by taking your fist and applying about 12lbs (5.4kg) of weight on the edge of the mattress. If the mattress is soft enough that you can compress the mattress by about 2in (51cm) when applying 12lbs (5.4kg) of weight, do not use this product without the Bed Rail Safety Guard. To learn more, visit stander.com/extra-soft-mattress.
100% Satisfaction Guarantee
30-day Return Policy
Need it faster? Switch to other shipping options provided at checkout.